Specialist training for professionals working with adults affected by adoption
Paullus Adoption Support Training (PAST) offers CPD for adoption support workers who provide services to adult service users. Jean Milsted and I co-facilitate all sessions. Here is a summary of our experience:
|Jean Milsted||a social worker with many years’ experience of working with adults affected by adoption in local authorities, with Norcap and more recently as Registered Manager of Adoption Services for Adults. Currently Associate Intermediary with PAC-UK part of Family Action.|
|Jan Shine||a counsellor and intermediary with many years’ experience of working with adults affected by adoption with Norcap and with Adoption Services for Adults. Currently Associate Intermediary with PAC-UK part of Family Action.|
The key features of our workshops include:
- highly participative with a variety of learning methods
- all the information you need to operate within the legislation and practice guidance
- reflection on professional practice
- an opportunity to connect with other professionals working in this area
- a comprehensive resource file and practice tools to take away
We offer workshops on the following topics (if you click on the title you will see more information about each workshop):
- Access to Birth Records, Birth Records Counselling and Access to Information
- Access to Information for Post-commencement adoptions (i.e. post-2005)
- Intermediary Work with Adopted Adults and Birth Relatives
- Intermediary Services for Descendants and Other Prescribed People
Our workshops are delivered as open programmes which run twice a year in Milton Keynes. All agencies are notified of these sessions, and the dates also appear on this page.
If whole teams, agencies or regions require training we are able to come to you and deliver the sessions in house. This can prove a cost-effective way of providing training. Please contact us if you are interested in this.
COVID-19 – at the moment we are able to deliver our workshops remotely via Zoom.
Our next open programme dates are now confirmed:
Access to birth records, birth records counselling and access to information – 21st and 26th October 2021 via Zoom
Access to information for post-commencement adoptions – 30th November and 2nd December 2021 via Zoom
Intermediary work with adopted adults and birth relatives – 4th and 9th November 2021 via Zoom
Intermediary services for descendants and other prescribed people – 9th and 14th December 2021 via Zoom
A booking form can be accessed here (click on ‘here’).
If you would like to be added to our mailing list please request this via email@example.com.