Specialist training for professionals working with adults affected by adoption
Paullus Adoption Support Training (PAST) offers CPD for adoption support workers who provide services to adult service users. Jean Milsted and I co-facilitate all sessions. Here is a summary of our experience:
|a social worker with many years’ experience of working with adults affected by adoption in local authorities, with Norcap and then as Registered Manager of Adoption Services for Adults. Currently Associate Intermediary with PAC-UK part of Family Action.
|a counsellor and intermediary with many years’ experience of working with adults affected by adoption with Norcap and with Adoption Services for Adults. Currently Associate Intermediary with PAC-UK part of Family Action.
The key features of our workshops include:
- highly participative with a variety of learning methods
- all the information you need to operate within the legislation and practice guidance
- reflection on professional practice
- an opportunity to connect with other professionals working in this area
- a comprehensive resource file and practice tools to take away
We offer workshops on the following topics (if you click on the title you will see more information about each workshop):
- Access to Birth Records, Birth Records Counselling and Access to Information
- Access to Information for Post-commencement adoptions (i.e. post-2005)
- Intermediary Work with Adopted Adults and Birth Relatives
- Intermediary Services for Descendants and Other Prescribed People
Our workshops are delivered as in-house programmes via Zoom, so we are able to deliver the sessions for teams, agencies, consortia or regions. This can prove a cost-effective way of providing training. Please contact us if you would like to know more.